Fraud Monitor - Payment Moderation
With the EDD Fraud Monitor extension, payments are stored in the Payment Moderation page when they are flagged as fraudulent. The menu item for the Payment Moderation page will have a number next to it indicating how many items are being held for moderation, as seen in the screenshot on the right.
The moderation list, as seen above, tells us these things about each payment:
- Payment ID
- Email address of the customer (with link to View/Edit)
- Total Payment Amount
- Number of reasons it was flagged
- Payment date
- Customer (with link to view the customer record)
- Payment status
Clicking the View/Edit link under the email field (on mouse hover) takes you to the screen for managing the payment.
Processing a Payment in Moderation
The Payment screen for a payment held in moderation is exactly like any other payment, except for the Fraud Monitor box in the top right corner (seen here to the right).
In the Fraud Monitor box, you can see a list of reasons this payment was marked fraudulent and actions you can take.
At the top of the box you have the Remove this flag with no further action link, which basically removes the "fraud" label of that payment so it will no longer show in the Payment Moderation area. Using this action does not change the status of the purchase, which will still be Pending Review.
Accept as Valid
Clicking Accept as Valid simply removes it from the Payment Moderation area and it once again is a normal payment.
This also finishes the transaction by sending a receipt and the proper emails.
Confirm as Fraud
Clicking "Confirm as Fraud" opens a small interface for choosing a way to mark the payment, as seen here on the right. The options are
- If the payment gateway used for the payment supports refunds, the refund will happen automatically. Otherwise it will have to be done manually after choosing this setting.
- This does not attempt a refund, but prevents the product from being downloaded.
- This option simply deletes the payment entirely. Payment fraud is very serious; if you choose this option, make sure the matter was resolved in some way.