Social Discounts Setup
Once activated, a new “Social Discounts” section will appear under Downloads → Settings → Extensions. You’ll first want to select the social networks you’d like people to share to, and then select your discount code. By not selecting a discount code, you can use it as a simple sharing tool.
- Create a discount code that you want applied when someone shares (Downloads > Discount Codes)
- Select Social Services you want users to be able to share on.
- Select how you want the social sharing to appear by choosing a Display Sharing Services option. The shortcode will work regardless of the setting if you want to place share on other page(s) on your site.
- Select the discount code you want to use.
- Configure messaging and appearance.
Note: Social Discount codes cannot be used at the same time as other discount codes for a single checkout. If your customers already have a discount code for some reason, they will have to choose whether to use their existing discount code or the one automatically applied through the Social Discounts extension.
Note on Twitter: On November 20th 2015 Twitter changed the way the "Tweet" button works. As a result, the discount is now applied when the "Tweet" button is clicked (not when the tweet is published).