Payments - Overview
Easy Digital Downloads keeps a detailed record of all purchases made on your site. Each purchase, even if failed or incomplete, creates a new payment which you can view in your dashboard. Payments can also be manually created by store administrators.
Payment records allow store owners to view a record of all purchases including detailed information such as who made the purchase, what they bought, whether discounts applied and so on. Additionally, storing permanent payment records allows customers to view their own purchase history when logged into your site.
To view a complete list of all your payment records, navigate to Downloads - > Payment History in your site's dashboard. There you should see a page which looks like this:
Finding payment records
When your store has many payment records, it can be tedious to search through all entries to find something specific. The payments list view includes the following features which allow you to sort and narrow your results to reveal the entries you are concerned with:
- Search: In the upper right corner of the screen, a search field is available which will return a list of payments matching your query. This search accepts:
- Payment ID
- Customer name
- Customer email address (exact match)
- Payment statuses: At the top of the screen there will be a list of the existing payment statuses. Some extensions to EDD add new payment statuses so the actual statuses you see may vary. Clicking on the name of a status, for example "Completed", will modify the list of records below to show only payments which were successfully completed.
- Date range: Using the date selection fields immediately above the list of results will limit the entries to only those which were created during the chosen range.
- Column sorting: Any list of results can also be sorted in descending or ascending order based on the ID, Amount or Date columns.
Managing individual payment records
Clicking on the "View Order Details" link for any record will navigate you to the payment edit screen:
Payment records can be manually updated after they have been created. This includes adding new products, changing transaction amounts, changing the attached customer, changing the payment status and more.