Setting Up Zendesk Single Sign-On
There are a couple of things you need to configure in order for the Zendesk add-on to function completely.
Setup Zendesk Configuration in Easy Digital Downloads
Go to Downloads > Settings > Misc.
There are two fields you must fill one:
- Zendesk Token - This is a security key generated by Zendesk. In Zendesk, go to Settings > Authentication then scroll down until you find the "Shared secret" option. Copy and paste the string of characters into the EDD settings.
- Zendesk Prefix - This is subdomain used to access your Zendesk support site. Your URL looks something like this: https://yoursitename.zendesk.com/. Copy the "yoursitename" part and paste it into this field.
Now create a page on your website, perhaps named Support, and place the following short code in the content of the page:
Whenever a user access this page, they will be redirected to your Zendesk support system.
Configure Your Zendesk Settings
There are a couple of settings inside of your Zendesk account that you need to setup. In Zendesk, go to Settings > Authentication and follow the steps below:
- Check the box for "Single Sign-On"
- Set "Mode" to Zendesk Remote Auth
- Set Remote Login URL to http://yoursitename.zendesk.com/access/remote/. The yoursitename should match the prefix option you configured in the section above.
- Set Remote Logout URL (optional) to your site's URL: http://yoursite.com. This will cause users to be redirected back to your website when they logout of Zendesk.