Installing the GetResponse add-on
Once the Add On has been downloaded you can install it using the standard WordPress method.
- Log into the Administration Panels (Dashboard)
- Navigate to the Plugins | Add New menu item
- Click on the "Upload" link in the horizontal menu under "Install Plugins"
- Click the "Browse" button and locate the archive you downloaded (from above)
- Click the "Install Now" button
- Click the "Activate Plugin" link at the end of the installation messages.
Configuring the GetResponse Add-On
To configure the GetResponse Add On you will need to fill in its settings. Navigate to Downloads > Settings and click on the Extensions tab. You should see the following settings:
- Enter your GetResponse API key. This must be obtained from the GetResponse website.
- Select your default campaign.
- Select whether or not to display the opt-in checkbox.
- Select whether or not to require double opt-in.
- Setup the label for the opt-in checkbox.
Once you have entered the API key, press save. This will load a list of your available GetResponse campaigns into the dropdown labeled "Choose a Campaign". Select the campaign you want users to be subscribed to, and you're done!
Configuring Per-Download Settings
GetResponse also adds the ability to specify per-download campaigns to subscribe users to. Once you have entered your API key, a new meta box will be shown on downloads that looks like this:
If you wish to use a specific campaign (or campaigns) for a given download, simply select it!
What happens if I leave "Double Opt-In" unchecked?
If Double Opt-In is not enabled, you need special permission from GetResponse to have that work. Otherwise, a double-opt-in email will still be sent to the customer requesting that they opt-in. If you want this to happen automatically, without needing the double opt-in email, contact GetResponse and ask them to approve your account for this purpose.
Will customers be automatically subscribed if I don't show the option to subscribe upon checkout?
No. If you don't check the checkbox for the option called "Show Signup Checkbox" they will not be automatically subscribed upon checkout.