NETbilling Payment Gateway Setup
Accept payments from major credit cards on your Easy Digital Downloads website with NETbilling. With this extension, your customers can save their credit card information to their Easy Digital Downloads account for fast and easy checkout. You're just a couple clicks away from setting up the gateway and accepting payments! This document will show you how to setup and configure the extension.
- Download the extensions from your Easy Digital Downloads purchase
- From your WordPress site go to 'Plugins' > 'Add New' > 'Upload' and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click 'Install Now' and then 'Activate'.
- Go to 'Downloads' > 'Settings' > 'Payment Gateways' > 'Gateway Settings' and check NETBilling in the 'Payment Gateways' section.
Setup and configuration
In order to get started, you will need to configure your NETbilling merchant account settings as well as the extension settings in the WordPress dashboard.
NETbilling merchant account
In order to use this gateway, you will need to enable/check 'Enable Native Direct Mode v.3 (SAS) Channel'. You can find this under 'Account Setup' > 'Account Management' > 'Access Security' > 'Direct Mode Interfaces' of your NETbilling Merchant site.
Additionally, you will need to register the IP address(s) of your website/server for authentication. This in the same section as 'Direct Mode Interfaces' under 'Trusted Static IP Addresses allowed to originate Direct Mode transactions'.
You will need your NETbilling Account ID, given to you when you signed up for NETbilling. If you do not have this information, you will have to contact your account representative from NETbilling to get this information.
Log into your Wordpress site and go to 'Downloads' > 'Settings' > 'Payment Gateways' > 'NETbilling', then enter in your Account ID into the 'Account ID' field and click 'Save'.
That’s it! You are now ready to start accepting credit cards via NETbilling! Additional setting information can be found below.
- Account ID - This is the Account ID for your NETbilling account. Follow the steps above to get this.
- Billing Info - Name to show up on customer's credit card billing statements.
- Repeat Billing - Allow customers to securely save their payment information for future purchases.
See the details below for setting up Repeat Billing.
NETbilling merchant account
By default, Repeat Billing is disabled for NETbilling accounts. Enable it on your NETbilling account from 'Account Setup' > 'Account Management' > 'Credit Cards' > 'Step 6 - Enable PCI Compliant Repeat Billing, Up-Selling and Cross-Selling'.
Once Repeat Billing is enabled for your NETbilling account, you need to enable it for the plugin.
In your WordPress dashboard, go to 'Downloads' > 'Settings' > 'Payment Gateways' > 'NETbilling', then check the checkbox next to 'Repeat Billing' and click save.
- Site Tag - This can be configured from your NETbilling account and controls which email templates will be used. It also tags the site for accounting purposes if you are using the same merchant account across multiple sites.
Having some problems with the plugin? Here are the most common problems and how to fix them.
Plugin marks transaction as complete, but Netbilling did not process the payment.
NETbilling will reject all payments unless the IP accessing your account is in the "Trusted Static IP Addresses Allowed to originate Direct Mode transactions". Make sure you have the correct IP address/addresses in that list. You may need to check with your hosting provided for this additional information. Reach out to your account representative to double check the reason for the rejected transaction. They can also provide the IP that attempted to access your account, double check it against your hosting provider.
Transaction are not working.
Check that your Account ID is correct.
Customer's saved credit card info is not displaying during checkout.
NETbilling gateway will only display valid credit cards to the customer. If the credit card has expired it will not be availble to use. Info will also not be saved unless the customer selects that option during checkout.
My issue is not listed above.
Submit a support ticket with Easy Digital Downloads to receive assistance.